Rowdy And Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open discussion for Rowdy & Friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My trip to Eldora

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyle18Busch
Admin
Kyle18Busch

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-04-23

My trip to Eldora Empty
PostSubject: My trip to Eldora   My trip to Eldora I_icon_minitimeThu 05 Jun 2008, 11:52 pm

To be honest, I was equally disappointed as I was thrilled.

My son, I believe, is converting :peace: . We stopped for lunch on the way up there & he says out of the blue "man kyle can drive can't he". No idea what brought that up except for maybe the excitement of going. I gave him a shit eating grin. He says "I might have to root for him to win" jean .
It started out really yucky. Rained on the way up there, off & on raining for the rest of the day & then a HUGE thunderstorm during the night with down pour rain & continue all the way till wednesday around noon. Didn't look none to good that the race would happen. The size of the track & just being there was really exciting. We heard different stories from different ppl that the drivers do walk in our area & some say you never meet them. Well the 2nd was correct. Didn't even know or see any evidence that the drivers were even there until a half hour before practice time. They had a large screen showing what HBO was airing live & the areas at the beginning where they were interviewing the drivers...it was sort of dark & had lighting in the back...no clue where that was happening at. The surrounding of the track to the infield is really hard to see the drivers & you needed binoculars which we had.
There were wall to wall, elbow to elbow people. We were seated on turn 4 just outside of the grandstands & it still took 1/2 hour to get to the restrooms! The grandstand area & the walkways are just to small for 23,000 people. I missed seeing the drivers introduction b/c by the time I would have gotten threw 1,000's of people to get to that area, they would be done so you all really seen the drivers 95% more than I did. But the racing was AWESOME!
& I got lucky that kyle happened to park in the infield by turn 3 & 4....& we were in turn 4. So I got to watch him by his car, get in his car & everything he did all night long cept it was threw binoculars tho but still that was really really cool. There was also harvick, jimmy, mark martin, carl edwards & blaney on our end & I kid you not..........there were always tons of ppl around kyles car than any other...i never could get a clear shot of just his car.
I got to personally see him crash the wall.......remember that. He wanted to run the high side but his car didn't & argued with kyle until the car finally won lmao......which was midway threw the feature. Once kyle started running the bottom he started gaining positions & that was awesome to watch.
JJ yeley taking out mark on the first lap was a complete bummer & yeley got to be a real nuisance. On one restart jimmy was behind kyle & jumped him on the restart even before they were threw the 4th turn..............was only a couple laps later till jj yeley spun again & then kyle jumped jimmy on the restart........I laughed so hard. Jimmy done pretty good for his first time actually.
Matt slapped burned the duck up.........seen it & was cheering him on!
The crowd couldn't make up their mind whether they wanted to boo kyle or cheer him.
Qualifying was really cool...the crowd was really into it & just cheered everytime a driver hit the top 5...when blaney broke that track record they roared!
The wave was pretty cool. People kept standing up & blocking your view of the race.
If the place was bigger....& if the drivers reacted with the crowd in some way instead of hiding until it was time.........it would have been 100% awesome. Even for as big as the place is, it's NOT big enough for 23,000 ppl. But the racing was AWESOME!
They only had trailors for gear for jr, jimmy, jeff, KK, tony & bobby labonte...everyone else, you were lucky to find anything for. Lucky for me 1 trailor did sell a variety of hats & I finally got me a hat!
Took us an hour to get out of the parking lot but the racing was AWESOME!

It's getting late & I know I have much more to tell but that's the basics of what I wanna tell for now. If you have any questions about what you seen, just ask....I didn't really watch EVERYTHING. b/c if kyle was on the track, I was glued to watching him. & I watched him more in the pits & pretty much just glanced at the others when they raced..........b/c after all...........might be a very long time before I get to see him race in person again.
Back to top Go down
https://nascarfriends.forumotion.com
Rowdy18

Rowdy18

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-04-30

My trip to Eldora Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Eldora   My trip to Eldora I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Jun 2008, 9:17 am

man that sounds like a great trip! im so jealous. i watched it on my couch with my fiancee and a fridge full of bud lightsl. she called me on the way home and said its not working! i said well call comcast then. i have to have this. so she fixed it for me by the time i got home! she is loving racing these days. i cant wait to get down to daytona.
Back to top Go down
Kyle18Busch
Admin
Kyle18Busch

My trip to Eldora Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Eldora   My trip to Eldora I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Jun 2008, 1:32 pm

I am actually very disappointed in KK. He was scheduled for autographing at 5 at eldora & didn't show up.............
Back to top Go down
Kyle18Busch
Admin
Kyle18Busch

My trip to Eldora Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Eldora   My trip to Eldora I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Jun 2008, 1:33 pm

Oh, yeah if you watch the video clip closely of the driver intro......watch carl edwards....he actually points at my son b/c he was hoopin & hallorin & jumping up & down yelling at carl & carl pointed at him & smiled..........tickled my son pink.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My trip to Eldora Empty
PostSubject: Re: My trip to Eldora   My trip to Eldora I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My trip to Eldora
Page 1 of 1