Rowdy And Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open discussion for Rowdy & Friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going to races with Rowdy's gear on!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
busch18fanAR

busch18fanAR

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Going to races with Rowdy's gear on! Empty
PostSubject: Going to races with Rowdy's gear on!   Going to races with Rowdy's gear on! I_icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2008, 8:11 pm

I haven't been to a race a long time. Last time i went i was young and went to dega. That was when Jeff Gordon was still hated extremely bad. While being a young buck there in the stands I was gandering around :shock: at everyone's clothing, of course i had my mens small Terry Labontie t-shirt and hat on that ate me up and added atleast 25 pounds to me. Anyway I noticed that the poor Gordon fans took a lot of bashing in the stands, as we know dega ain't the safest place for anyone but 3 fans, or atleast back then it wasn't now its more like 88 fans. So now to my question how will we be treated wearing are kyle gear at races? Not that i can't handle some smack talking, or bashing, but that i want to enjoy the race without watching my back for flying beer cans and jr fans. So will someone please let me know what to expect before I attend a race. Later Tim Tim Tim
Back to top Go down
BristolMike

BristolMike

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Going to races with Rowdy's gear on!   Going to races with Rowdy's gear on! I_icon_minitimeMon 05 May 2008, 9:07 pm

First of all. Wear your gear proud. Sure there are gonna be some out of control drunk 88 fans at the track but by and large the ones we are hearing about that are out of control are a vast minority. Most of them will not do anything to anyone other than some smack talk. But like any group there are some that are out of control. You'll find other driver's gear there being worn all over. Yes if it's Dega then your gonna see many more 88 fans than most other tracks but you'll also see them getting security to throw out the nasty ones if they get too much out of control.
Back to top Go down
Rowdy18

Rowdy18

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Going to races with Rowdy's gear on!   Going to races with Rowdy's gear on! I_icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 7:54 am

I went do Dega this a couple weeks ago and I wore all my Kyle stuff. Got some trash talking from some people around me, but I quickly shut them up as Kyle won the Sprint race. They all shook my hand as we drank a victory beer or two together. I've never had anything thrown at me.
Back to top Go down
drina4jr

drina4jr

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Going to races with Rowdy's gear on!   Going to races with Rowdy's gear on! I_icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 1:15 pm

tim, i went to dega last yr and never even saw an arguement (i'm sure there was some though) the worst i saw was drivers beeing booed during intro and guys wearing daisy dukes, lol. i think you'll be fine. just like mike said, they have security. if anyone messes with you, tell them to back off, you're friends with a jr fan ;) lol. so please, go check out a race and support kyle =)
Back to top Go down
busch18fanAR

busch18fanAR

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Thanks   Going to races with Rowdy's gear on! I_icon_minitimeTue 06 May 2008, 6:51 pm

I am glad to know that nascar has good control over the fans. Maybe things looked worse for me at the track than they were, since I was so young and had never heard most of the words that I heard that day! The only thing I have to compare to going to a race is going the some SEC football games. I have seen it all there and they don't even sell alcohol at the game. But no matter what I get I will still be wearing my 18 gear proudly. Tim Tim Tim
Back to top Go down
Rowdy18

Rowdy18

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Going to races with Rowdy's gear on!   Going to races with Rowdy's gear on! I_icon_minitimeWed 07 May 2008, 5:33 pm

Yeah there will be some obnoxious people there. I usually just ignore them and then when Rowdy wins just hold up that #1 and watch them cry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to races with Rowdy's gear on!   Going to races with Rowdy's gear on! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to races with Rowdy's gear on!
Page 1 of 1